Monday, November 10, 2008

Everyday Vacations

I've adopted a new philosophy that everyone should love: Live every day like you're on vacation.

Now, you're probably thinking one or more of the following:
1) I'm not independently wealthy, so that's just flat impossible.
2) My goodness, that sounds ridiculously self-indulgent.
3) I don't like to travel, and even if I did, I don't have that much time for it.
4) Wow! I'm in!! Tell me more!!

In recent weeks I have found, that without significantly changing my daily routine or expense, I can still capture the feeling of being on vacation. OK, yeah, it's not a 24/7 situation. I agree that a significant bankroll and plenty of free time would be required to make that dream happen. But you can bring elements of vacation to each and every day, and this blog is going to help you do that. I want to hear your ideas, too!

Ready? Let's go - and you don't even have to pack a toothbrush! :)

1 comment:

Food Czar said...

This idea was obviously developed over wine and cheese. I have a feeling they may play a part in future everyday vacations!!